Learn how planning ahead and being ready for the unexpected can be a special gift for your loved ones this year.
During the holidays we all want to find the perfect gift for our family members that will show them our love and bring joy to their lives. But face it … in this age of consumerism most people already have more possessions than they need and we have sadly littered our planet with excessive material goods that no one wants or can use. Here’s an idea for a gift you can give now that will bring peace of mind and relief to your loved ones some day in the future: plan ahead for the end of your life, gather your most important documents, and have a conversation with the people closest to you about your wishes.
Download the Checklist for this episode here:
Support this podcast on Patreon.com/eolu with a small monthly contribution. Thank you to my latest patron Jensen A! Your generosity is much appreciated!
View the latest webinar with Jane Barton: Collaborative Care for Caregivers – How to Ask for Help at this link:
Creating an end-of-life file that contains all of your most important documents along with your wishes for healthcare and after-death care is a task that will benefit you as well as your loved ones in the future. You will be saving them from a great deal of stress and frustration if they won’t have to search for your papers or guess what you might want for yourself when you reach the end of life. Why not use the holiday season as a motivator to complete your file and offer as a gift of love to your family!
This episode includes:
- Ideas for storing your documents
- Why it’s important to gather important information in one place so your loved ones can find it
- Why you need to complete your advance directive (or living will) and choose a healthcare proxy now rather than later
- The benefits of planning your funeral and burial in advance
- How to view end-of-life planning as a gift of love for those who care about you
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Why I’m Feeling Relaxed this Christmas
- 5 Gifts to Give Yourself This Holiday Season
- Holiday Gift Guide for Those Coping With Death and Bereavement
- The Five Wishes booklet
- Green Burial Planning Guide
- Choosing the Right Healthcare Proxy
- The Truth About CPR
- Mistakes to Avoid in Your End-of-Life Planning
Tune in next Monday for another new episode. If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes.
Until next time …